Monday, October 8

Tips and Tricks: Room organisation ☺

1. Boxes, boxes, boxes!






                                  



The easiest way to be organised is by storing in boxes. You can keep school supplies, art supplies, old photos, DVD's, CD's, make up, nail polishes, hair stuff, PC games, anything you wish in them. The key to keep it from getting cluttered is to then organise in the boxes. Keep one box for one kind of thing. Don't mix your school papers with your art supply papers. Or your make up and hair stuff in one.
- And the best thing about boxes is that you can find some with cute designs!

2. Keep your drawers neat.




Get a bunch of those small cheap plastic baskets, they are life savers. They keep your drawers from getting cluttered and impossible to find anything in them. This way, you can easily open your drawer and know "Oh, I need some hand cream, it's in the top drawers in the pink basket, along with other body products!". 

3. Small closet? Use the space best possible!




My closet is like three closets glued up against each other. Which is great, it's big, but  have no space to store my clothes properly. It's so narrow. The white hanging organiser was bought in Ikea some time a go - I'm 90% sure they sell them at any place that sells home stuff - it was about 30 kr, and it's great. Mine was a bit too long, but the fabric is so thin that I could easily cut off a part or two. And by using the plastic baskets (again) it's so easy to prevent your socks and underwear from falling out of it and it just looks neater.

This hanger has a thin layer on velvet fabric on it, which makes the clothes stick onto it. And it's extremely thin, so you can be able to fit more in your closet. I don't own much clothes, but I do find these really helpful to fit what I have in there.

4. Keep your papers separate!




These saved my life when it was exam times in school. I got them a while ago in Aldi, in a three-pack for 40 kr I think, but I'm sure you can find something similar somewhere. It's so easy to get a stack of cluttered up papers, and misplace all your important stuff, but these are freaking amazing. Mine came with small pieces of cardboard where you could write on and put into a little sloth on the top. The second picture is of my "Important papers" file thing, and it has everything from letters from my bank, from my school, my graduation papers, papers about my laptop and camera, everything like that. 

5. Avoid having too much on display.




I don't like clutter. And with for example my jewellery I keep my most worn necklaces on the side of my little cabinet thing (which I should sort out again). And else I story my jewellery in cute boxes and this jewellery box my grandmother got me. TIP: Old sweets/cookie/coffee tins are a good way to store your things. And it makes your room look at bit vintage! It keeps the jewellery from getting cluttered and tangled up, and from me to get OCD about having it all out! 

6. Clean. Just clean.

Keeping your room clean just helps your room for seeming more organised and easy to deal with. Vacuum once or twice a week. Clean off your desk. Make your bed. Don't throw your clothes on the floor and let it turn into a floordrobe. Keep it a bit put together!



I hope this helped on how to stay organised :-D



No comments:

Post a Comment