Monday, October 8

Book rant: Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

Uglies is the first book out of four.

"Uglies is the story about a new society. When you turn 16 you finally become a Pretty.
Tally will soon become a Pretty, and why not celebrate with a final trick? Uglies aren't supposed to go to New Pretty Town, but Tally wants to see her childhood friend Peris who became a Pretty a while back. Her trick goes beyond expected, but on the way home she meets this girl, Shay. And everything she knew of changes. Shay wants to run away, into the Smoke, avoid not becomming a Pretty. Tally soon begins to question the whole operation. Funnily enough, Shay and Tally share the same birthday, so they are going to get the operation together. But the night before, Shay runs away, leaving only a paper with clues on to where she is.

Tally needs to decide what to do. Become a Pretty, or follow her friend. Her choice will change her life."



I very muchly enjoyed this book. I quickly falled in love with Tally's character and her devolopment through out the book. It took me a while to finish it, though. Some parts you get stuck and just want something to happen, but you get over those bumps and soon you can't keep your eyes from the pages. I finished it last night when I couldn't fall asleep, and I started Pretties (The second book) just after.




I give Uglies 4 out of 5 owls!

Note: I read most of my books in English. English is my preferred language and it helps me enhance my vocabulary.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment