Thursday, December 26

My Christmas.


The days leading up to Christmas eve was spend shopping for the last few food bits (nom!) and baking (even more nom!) Believe it or not, this wasn't even all of the biccies and treats we made! I love baking with my mum, and baking in general. It makes the house smell so much more like a home and come on, who doesn't love some good home baked goodies?


Despite not having Christmas at my house, it's always at my grandma's place, we cannot live without getting a tree. It isn't anything amazing, but we love it, it was such fun to decorate. We're very simple and traditional. Oh and if you didn't know, the Greenlandic flags represent the Greenlandic part of my family. It's from my dad's side, which makes my brother and I 1/4 part Greenlandic!


Buster loves presents. We packed up all of them little Christmas eve (23rd) before going to decorate the tree at my grandma's house, and he was sniffing and digging his little curious nose in the presents! 


Christmas Eve is always calm with us. Despite having a hard time controlling my anxiety, I was able to enjoy it and relax. My aunt and her husband came to celebrate with us. Normally it's my uncle, grandma, brother, mother, Buster and I, but it was nice being a few more for a change. I didn't get a lot of pictures of the evening, it was just very relaxed. We ate dinner (this year trying out goose which I found out I really enjoy!), sang a few Christmas songs and danced around the tree. 


We are a family who loves to spoil our pets. Buster is the most spoilt little fuzzy bunch we know. So after a very exhausting day watching TV, cuddling, eating food and the most exciting - OPENING PRESENTS! Buller took a little nap with his favourite present, a tennis ball. 


When we got home, I showed Seanie my presents and let him open two pressies! One of them being this penguin pillow pet. His name is Albert! Seanie and I love penguins, Seanie probably being the most excited about them. And unfortunately earlier this month his dog got to another penguin I got him the first time we physically met, which was a weird coincidence because I bought Albert before the accident happened. But I can say, Seanie loves Albert so much. He told me he woke up Christmas morning cuddling him. It melted my heart. The other pressie he opening Christmas Eve was some art work I made and I'm really proud of.


And that was it really! 1st Christmas day (which is just Christmas days for those who celebrate the 25th) we just slept, ate more food, watched more TV and played with Buller and his new favourite ball. 

How was your Christmas? Did you eat twice your weight in delicious food? Did you spend time with people you have dear? Did you get some nice presents? And most important.. Did the people you got presents for love them? That's my favourite things. Spending time with family, eating and seeing how people like the things I got them!

(I will make a what I got for Christmas at some point before the new year I hope)

Happy holidays, lovelies xx







1 comment:

  1. lovely post! I found your blog via tumblr. I'm a relatively new blogger and I am just getting back into the swing of things, so would really appreciate a follow back. I know this is quite a big thing to ask, but I'm really trying to make this work :) x

    ReplyDelete