Wednesday, December 11

Christmas films, gifts, grey hairs and parcels.

This is going to be a random post seeing as I've been feeling like poop since Sunday. I think the sniffles has reached their way to my system unfortunately. And I was feeling rather sad and just done with life because headaches are like the enemy of people with sleep troubles, but yesterday I received a little parcel from England!


The Wishes may or may not already be gone. But I haven't touched the presents! I didn't even look at the labels, just shoved them on my gift shelves in my wardrobe and haven't really thought more about it. My gift shelves are growing though. I had a system before. Gifts for the Christmas Eve I am going to, and gifts that needs to get out to people before Christmas because they won't be with us. But then I bought some more presents and yeah. But it all looks pretty!


The other day I discovered yet another grey hair. And it makes me feel very old. I'm turning 20 in a few months and now grey hairs?! (this stinks of 1st world problems) Sean keeps reassuring me it's the stress I've been under for weeks. I desperately hope that's it, I JUST quit dyeing my hair. Sigh, life is hard isn't it? (note the heavy sarcasm)


I watched Elf for the first time in my life a few weeks ago, and I cannot believe I've never watched it, it's flipping brilliant! He's so adorable and happy and quirky and it just makes me that much more happy. Sean couldn't believe I've never seen it, it's a film he actually likes - that boy is picky. And another classic is How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It's just a lovely film.
I also love to watch my Danish advent calenders. Apparently it's not a thing in England, I had to explain Sean what it was. It's basically like an advent calender, but with a tv series and they send an episode every day. There's some for children, some for a bit older kids and some for adults sometimes. My favourite is Pyrus, he's a little elf and a naughty one! But he's lovely. Pyrus is aimed for children really. Two adult ones I love is "Jul på Vesterbro" (Christmas on Vesterbro, which is an area in Copenhangen) and "The Julekalender" (The Advent Calender) both are very funny and very Danish humour like.

This is Pyrus. There's made 4 advent calenders with him and 3 films!

What's your favourite Christmas films to watch during December? Let me know, I wanna find some more!





No comments:

Post a Comment