Saturday, November 3

Gold moon necklace

So.. If you remember, I announced I bought a second moon necklace. This time in gold. I was so excited. I send it to my boyfriend's address because it would be cheaper, and he had to send me some stuff any ways. So I did that. And first today I got it in my hands. And boy I was disappointed. In the pictures below I'm comparing my two moon necklaces. The silver one being the one I have reviewed and bought together with a ring.












I cannot begin to express the regret I feel after this purchase.
1.The pendant is thin and flimsy. There's no protective glass/plastic over the moon print. After taking pictures, I played around with it, felt it in my hands and just tried to figure out how it was put on, and noticed the print is coming of. I will have to put a protective layer of clear nail polish OR clear glue.
2. The back of it. I believe it is metal. Very very thin metal. But the edges are so rough, it scratches my skin if I move it around my neck or hold it in my hand.
3. It's extremely light. Nothing wrong with light materials, but feels like it will break after a day of wearing it.
4. The price.... I paid £12 for the necklace and £2 for shipping. So a total of £14 ($22/130 kr). I had it shipped to my boyfriend's home because it's cheaper and he was going to send some stuff over to begin with, so I think I saved what, £2 pounds. May sound fine to you. But here's the deal. I paid $15 for the silver necklace with shipping. That is roughly £9/90 kr. It was send from the US to Denmark. And my silver one is 10 times better quality. I refuse to believe the "time" it has taken to make this necklace, is worth £14. The materials cannot have cost that much to make this flimsy piece of jewellery. Frankly, my boyfriend do not remember how it came package, but we believe it came as a large letter. That cost 90p, not £2. And I understand that you need some profit, but this is a rip off.
5. The contact between buyer and seller was horrid. I messaged her about how long shipping would take. I never got an answer. I never even got an email that it was send off. And I checked multiple times, making sure Etsy had my correct email. And it had. And now I'm excited to see how long I will have to wait before she response to my message about all this.

I do have one positive thing to say. The chain seems nice. But.. That's it. I am so furious about the price and the quality. I have contacted the seller in disappointment. I am normally a very quiet and not out there person. If I get the wrong food at a restaurant, I won't say anything in shyness. But this time I am just furious.

I did debate whether or not to publish the seller, but I will. I don't want people to look at this necklace and thing "This is nice!". I am not bitching the whole shop she has, but this item. And the fact the contact between buyer and seller is poor. Her earrings look gorgeous and good quality.

This is the original shop *CLICK* but they recently moved to here *CLICK*

I do NOT recommend this ITEM, I cannot speak for the whole shop, but I know I personally will not purchase anything from there again.

I will recommend this shop *CLICK* who's pendants are cheaper and extremely good quality.

Hope this was somehow useful. Have a nice evening, lovelings.


No comments:

Post a Comment