Friday, November 2

Book rant: Specials by Scott Westerfeld

Third book in the Uglies series
"The world is clearer, icier. Tally is a Special now. She's not a regular Pretty head. She's a Special, a cutter. Their bodies are perfect, their minds are perfect.. Or are they? Getting used to this Special world takes a bit of adjustment, but Tally feels like she belongs there. But someone is missing.. Zane. She wants her Zane back, she wants him to become a Special too, so they can be together. But he's not special enough. So Shay and Tally want to make a little trick. But they lose control. The Crims need to get out of the city, they need to get away. But what they find isn't what they expected, and the world is falling apart"

This is the last book that follows Tally and her adventures in the new world. And I must admit.. It was hard to get go of Tally. Again I had a feeling of wanting to throw this book across the room and scream and make Westerfeld re-write it all. But I did enjoy it. I got stuck because of my messed up sleeping pattern and no desire to read. But I did get through it. And I will forever treasure Tally in my heart. I would read the last book, "Extras", but it is being held hostage at my boyfriend's place in England. So I will move on!


I give Specials 4 owls. Scott Westerfeld, you are a genius.



No comments:

Post a Comment