Tuesday, August 12

Meet the love of my life



World, this is Lui. Lui, this is world. Lui is a 4 month old (born on the 27th of March 2014) Cairn Terrier/Fox Terrier mix, but he's mostly Cairn Terrier. And sorry if you thought this was about you, Sean ;-)

Since mum made it clear that she would be okay with a dog in the house again, I've searched high and low for someone who could be my best friend. I looked daily on the various websites where people put up things and animals for sales, I was a member of 7 different groups on Facebook with animals seeking homes, but I didn't find any dog I liked, and when I did they were WAAAY over my price range or just too far away. I mean if it's on Sjælland that would easily be 400 kr in petrol and then 400-something kr to cross the fucking bridge (Yes, in Denmark you pay to go to another side of Denmark)

But Saturday afternoon I was looking and looking and there he was. Lui. Well, his other name was Olli but we felt like since he was getting a new family, we would give him a new name. And I prefer Lui, Lui is a great name!

I contacted the person who put him up on the site asking if he was still for sale, and in the matter of 2 hours I had set up to meet Lui the next day. It was insanely fast. Yesterday we went an hour away to go look at him, and needless to say it was love at first sight. So we took him home.

It was a bit stressful, for both dog and I. He was a bit overwhelmed, which is natural, I mean he just left what had been his home for a bit over a month. There's been a few peeing inside accidents but he's getting better at it. He's a very active and happy little boy, which is good for me too. It keeps me going, forces me to keep going.

He loves chasing leaves, butterflies and birds. He also loves eating random worms on the ground, going for walks, sniff EVERYTHING, stick his head through the fence, having his belly and ears rubbed, playing with his ball, nibble fingers and toes, kiss chins and sleep in the most inconvenient places (like door way and in front of all the shoes or my wardrobe doors)

I'm so happy. I'm knackered but I'm so happy. I went outside on my own (without being obligated too, I have to go to a meeting once a week, but it's forced) for the first time since Buster passed away and I enjoyed it. I feel much safer when my mum or brother leaves. I have a sense of purpose, I need to be good to take good care of Lui, and I will do about anything to make sure he's safe and happy.

So yeah, I have a little rascal now. I'm a mummy!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment