Tuesday, April 2

Spring scents.

Despite the weather (at least in Denmark) which says the complete opposite, it's spring time. And with a fresh season of blooming trees, new sprung flowers and fresh air, you should maybe consider putting those heavy wintry scents and out with those sweet and fresh scents! And I will share my three favourite.



  • Mariah Carey - Lollipop Bling Honey

 Two of the perfumes I'm showing are really affordable perfumes. With that said, they do wear off a lot quicker, but Mariah Carey perfumes are really long lasting for the price. The prices vary depending on where you live and shop. I bought this in Føtex (Danish version of a Tesco/Sainsbury's or Target/Walmart) for 100 kr.

When I first open the cap and smell, I get a flowery pineapple citrus scent. It isn't sickly sweet, but I get a bit of a headache if I sit and sniff for a longer while - directly from the bottle that is. On the skin, it doesn't do this, because it sinks into the skin and settle down. The honey really stands out once it's on my skin, which I really enjoy. It lasts about 4 hours, I never go overboard with spraying perfume, I am always scared of people being able to stink me 10km away, but I can still pick up the faint honey scent on my skin.

For better description and maybe more accurate notes, click here.

  • Mariah Carey - Lollipop Bling Ribbon


Again, really affordable. Price and availability vary. I got it from my local Matas for 100 kr.

This perfume is a lot sweeter. First notes that hit my smelling buds are very sweet raspberries, a slight melon and something really fresh. If you are not into really sweet scents, do not get this. It can be headache attracting if you overdo it, but again, I'm not one to pour half a bottle of perfume on myself every time. And like the Honey perfume, it last a good 4 hours before fading away.

For better description and maybe more accurate notes, click here.

  • Marc Jacobs - Daisy (Original)



This is more on the pricey side. I got it for Christmas in 2011 from my dear mother. But I have seen it in Matas and the price tag is not exactly low. But I love it. This is one of my signature scents. Price and availability vary depending on where you shop and live.

Despite the name, it doesn't smell like daisies, because they stink like cat piss or that's what I remember, haha. It does smell like flowers, but it's fresh and "young" flowers with a hint of sweetness. It's not heavy or grandmother'ish (and no, smelling like a grandmother is not a bad thing!) I'm really bad with picking out flowers, so you'll have to click the link to the better description. It lingers for AGES. The first time I sprayed it on me, was late on Christmas eve, and I could still smell it the afternoon after. Again, do not go overboard, or else you will probably kill someone with a headache.

For better description and maybe more accurate notes, click here.




What are your favourite scents for spring? Let me know!

Oh, and even though I'm already bad at posting at the moment, just a heads up, my boyfriend Sean is landing in Denmark tomorrow, he's spending 10 days in the country, so I probably won't have anything ready any time soon. Also my own laptop broke, so I can't edit pictures or anything because my mum's old laptop isn't that great. My luck!

But I hope you're all doing well, my lovelings! Have a wonderful fantastic amazing day!


No comments:

Post a Comment